Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Video

Here's a couple of videos of the two largest tanks, the 150 and the 125. I have moved out some of the angels from the 125, leaving one singleton behind, and put the rest in the 150. I removed 4 angels from that tank, since I had too many angels and wanted to consolidate them all into the 150.

The 125 is heading towards being an Asian setup, with pearl gouramis and Botia striata (zebra loaches), along with the Denison barbs as the primary inhabitants. I'm considering a trio of clown loaches, but they get so big and 3 might not be enough of a group for them to be happy. I think I just need more zebra loaches. The tank looks so empty!

The 150 is doing great with all the angels and the geophagus. This arrangement is working out great and I see this as being successful long-term, which is rare for me! I don't generally keep the same setup for more than a couple of years, when some tragedy occurs or I get bored and change things up. I can see me keeping the 150 as-is for a good long time, *knocks wood.*

Here's the 125. Gouramis high up at the top, barbs and loaches at the bottom, and the angel all over. The loaches are still pretty shy (there are 5 of them) and I think another 4-5 will help matters. Going on vacation next week (how nervous I am to leave my aquariums for a week is another post entirely!) so I will wait until I get back to look into adding to the group of loaches.



Here is the 150. So active and interesting!


2 comments:

  1. Very impressed with your aquariums. I was lucky to stumble upon your blog when reading over at aquariumadvice.com! I myself am a grad student with limited resources of time, space, and money, so I currently have just one 50 gallon tank that I'm planting and hoping to keep a few angels. Just thought I'd let you know that you have a tank admirer and I will be going through all your archives to look at your fantastic set ups for ideas. Cheers!

    -C
    Columbia, SC

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some very beautiful aquariums. And your articles are interesting to read.

    ReplyDelete