Friday, September 14, 2012

Flirting with Ferts

I've decided to start dosing my low-tech tanks with some simple ferts. I have no plan and am only using what I have on hand, which includes:

Seachem Root Tabs
Seachem Flourish Excel
Seachem Flourish Iron

I'm using the package directions and we'll see if I can detect an improvement in plant growth. My tanks have good lighting and no algae problems, so we'll definitely be able to determine if the ferts cause an algae outbreak or if the plants suddenly respond with new growth. I'm too lazy to calculate exact ratios of each specific nutrient and mix up a batch custom for each tank, so we'll see what happens.

If it seems to be helping then to save $$ I will likely need to go back to bulk ferts that I mix up myself in specific ratios, like I used to do when I had high light CO2 injected setups. That was a bit of a pain and, obviously, I gave it up for the time being, but we'll see. I'd like to see my plants look just a bit healthier.

No comments:

Post a Comment