Thursday, August 12, 2010

Leopoldi Crammed into a Closet


Here is a pic of where the P. leopoldi now reside, though it is too small for them all and I'll need to split up the group in the near future. I like this tank, in spite of my previous comments about all my tanks being overplanted with no room for fish. This is a 40-gallon breeder and was the quarantine tank for these leopoldi when I got them.

Het rasboras and ember tetras are in residence as well as a balloon ram. I'm not proud to own such a fish (I'll admit I'm a snob and prefer my aquarium fish to be close to what is found in the wild - long-finned this, albino that do not appeal to me typically), but she was very pretty and I've never had luck keeping rams and hoped I could do it this time. I lost the male but she's been holding her own for quite a while now.

There is also one domestic silver/wild type in with the leopoldi and you can hardly tell him apart from them, except he has red eyes, leopoldi do not, and his nose has a bit of an upturn, whereas theirs is turned down a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment