Friday, August 13, 2010

Liz + Rocks = OCD

















I redid the rocks, again. I think if I'm not soaked to the armpit and pruny then I just don't feel like it has been a good day.

I scared up a few much larger stones to complement my plethora of small ones. I spent several hours stacking, restacking, adjusting, adding, removing, and scratching my chin and squinting at the tank.

Now I am happier with how it looks, though a rock background would really make me happy. That, however, is for another day. I will let the tank run for a while, but possibly I'll add some black mollies to see how things go. I have cycled this large tank with fish before, since the ammonia and nitrite are so diluted that the fish do not seem to stress or suffer, it seems.

I do not want to spend $$$ to ship delicate species (seems like Lake Tang fish are much more sensitive than other cichlid species, and thereby are always more expensive) and have them all keel over after being added to the tank. I need to put some inexpensive fish in there to ease my mind that all is well. The problem is that I will then need to remove said "test" fish and that might be quite a trick. Maybe I'll use the goldfish in my 37g and be sure they do okay, and they are easy enough to net out as they come bobbling over to see what that net thing is all about. I'll sit tight for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment