Saturday, August 25, 2012

Foiled Again!

Today I had a buyer for my Geophagus red-head "Tapajos" (orange head, red head? I don't know!) and last time I sold fish from this group I snatched them up in the dark early in the morning. I caught 4 on one occasion and another 4 the next week when I had another buyer.

I plan on keeping most of the rest of them since I want to grow them out and see what I get in terms of pairs, but I promised 4 more to a Central Virginia Aquarium Society club member, Alleykat (thanks, Chris!) but I was able to catch only 3. They really got wise to me this time and dove for the rocks. The group was getting really stressed so I had to stop trying.

This is the problem with selling fish out of a display, but I don't really have anything but display tanks, so that's how it will have to be. :-/

Once they get 6-7 inches it will be harder for them to hide, though, and I can thin the group out more then.

No comments:

Post a Comment