Sunday, August 19, 2012

A Banner Day!


Here's some pics of Peckoltia L147, which is a species that is often accidentally caught with Clown Plecos (Panaque maccus), so they are often sold as such. I received the fish from a member of my fish club, the  Central Virginia Aquarium Society (thanks, Donald!).

My daughter named her (we're pretty sure this is a female) Banner, because of the flag-like tail fin extension. She's now in my 150 gallon with lots of hiding places, and she's staked out a cave for herself. I don't expect to see her out and about much, but I can drop food into her vicinity easily. This is not a pleco that is going to suck on the glass and scrape algae, but will dine on sinking veggie/catfish tablets for the most part.

She's about 6" long with the tail (as you can see she barely fits into the fish transfer box) and is full grown.






No comments:

Post a Comment