Friday, July 17, 2009

Instant BBS?

Today I received my shipment of BBS eggs for hatching, and a jar of Ocean Nutrition Instant Baby Brine Shrimp. Until I can hatch out a new batch of BBS, I decided to try this today, and I closely watched the fry as they encountered this jarred form of BBS. Most of it the babies took into their mouths and then spit right out, just like fish do when they test out something floating in the water and decide it is not edible. It is putting a whole lot of waste into the tank, with very little of it being eaten.

It may be that the babies need to get used to it or something, or it may be that the majority of this jar contains hulls or something that the babies cannot eat. I am holding out on a final opinion until I experiment further.

No comments:

Post a Comment